STEAC helps Yolo County’s low-income residents through an emergency in order to keep them from joining the ranks of the homeless.
- STEAC assists with the payment for one month’s rent or up to $1,000 to prevent eviction.
- If there is a remaining balance which STEAC funds cannot cover, the recipient will have to provide proof of funds to pay the remaining portion of rent.
- Residents can receive eviction prevention rental assistance once a year.
First Month's Rent
- STEAC provides assistance to help pay for first month’s rent and/or deposit for long-term housing up to $1,000.
- Residents can receive first month’s rental assistance every two years.
Bill Pay/ Utility Assistance
- Financial assistance up to $250 is given to prevent utilities from being turned off or to have them restored.
- Assistance is available to pay for a bill or approved expense such as: water or gas payment, medical expenses, car repairs, funeral expenses, and more as approved by staff.
- Residents can receive utility and bill pay assistance once a year.
families avoided an eviction
families moved from homelessness into a permanent home
families received help with medical and utility bills
* fiscal year 2021 – 2022