Thank You to our Sponsors!
STEAC is fortunate to have generous sponsors and donors who make all of our work possible. Donations and grants allow us serve over 6,000 struggling individuals who make up some 2,500 families each year.
We are extremely grateful for a substantial donation received from the George W. Hinkle Trust in late March 2017, to be used to continue our work helping those in need in our community. George was a long-time STEAC donor who loved Davis, and believed in giving locally and supporting activities that improve people's lives.
Many thanks to all of our individual donors, and to the organizations listed below who provide year-round support:
- Genentech Philanthropic Charitable Grant: $10,000 to support STEAC's Feeding the Hungry Program. Genentech is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. We are especially grateful for this generous contribution as it comes on the heels of STEAC incurring unexpected operating expenses for the new food closet. Much appreciation to Genentech!
- T.B. Walker Foundation: funds to cover the purchase of a brand new Ford Transit van that can be used to carry food to and from STEAC's food closet, storage warehouse and food drives. STEAC has always relied on donated used vehicles that often come with significant mileage, so being able to purchase a new van was a completely unexpected treat.
- The Stuart Foundation: $5,000 grant for general support. The Stuart Foundation is dedicated to improving life outcomes for young people through education.
- Davis Waste Removal: generous year-end donation to STEAC which will go along way toward feeding the hungry and other services that help so many right here in our community.
- Biberstein Social Action Fund: $1,000 grant to support the new Food Packs for Kids Program. In additon, Biberstein Social Action Fund partially funds STEAC's Education Program. The Biberstein Social Action Fund supports projects that address poverty, discrimination, abuse and neglect issues in Yolo County.
- City of Davis: Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) for STEAC's Feeding the Hungry Program. CDBG provides affordable housing social services to low-and moderate-income Davis residents.
- City of Woodland: Community Development Block Grant for Rental Assistance.
- Sacramento Region Community Foundation (SCRF): grant for STEAC's Feeding the Hungry Program. SCRF's mission is "to transform our community through focused leadership and advocacy that inspire partnerships and expand giving."
- Soroptimist International of Davis (SI) grant for STEAC's Suit Up for Success Program. SI is committed to improving the lives of women and children.
- Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP): grant for STEAC's Rental Assistance Program. EFSP helps people in need of emergency assistance.