How do you become a STEAC Client?
In order to receive financial assistance from STEAC:
- You must be a resident of Yolo County and referred by an approved agency.
- If the referral agency you contact feels you are an appropriate client for STEAC's services, the agency will contact STEAC on your behalf.
- The minimum requirements for assistance are income verification and a valid ID for each household member.
To receive food from the STEAC food closet:
- Clients are Davis residents only (other food closets serve other Yolo County cities).
- Clients are screened and referred by local social service agencies, and are served by appointment only.
- Clients can receive this service no more than once per month.
- Families with children enrolled in the Davis Joint Unified School District's free lunch program can call the STEAC office for information about scheduling an appointment at the food closet.
To qualify for help from STEAC, a client must meet the following income guidelines. These are based on the 2016 Federal Poverty Guidelines + $100/month.
(80% of monthly income)
- Davis Community Meals & Resource Center: 530-753-9024
- Yolo Center for Families: 530-757-1261
- Yolo Center for Families: 530-406-7221
- Empower Yolo: 530-661-6336
- Yolo County Health & Human Services: 530-661-2750
- Yolo County Health & Human Services: 916-375-6200
- Winters: R.I.S.E.: 530-794-6000
- Esparto: R.I.S.E.: 530-787-4110