STEAC is participating in
2017 Big Day of Giving!
There are many nonprofits in the Sacramento area providing vital services that help sustain our community, and STEAC has been one of them since 1967 - 50 years! Big Days of Giving 2017 is an opportunity for the people in the Sacramento region to come together to thank these organizations by raising as much money as possible during this event.
Big Days of Giving 2017 is organized by Sacramento Region Community Foundation and its affiliates. Since 2013, this fundraising event has united our community and raised over $16 million for non-profits in the Sacramento region from 36,000 donors. Last year $7.1 million was raised for over 500 nonprofits!
This is STEAC's second year participating in this event. Last year STEAC raised over $20,000 during Big Day of Giving, well surpassing our first year goal of bringing in $5,000. STEAC'S goal this year is to raise $25,000 to support programs that provide short-term emergency assistance with food, rental, utilities, job readiness and other needs to low income families and individuals in Yolo County.
There are two options this year for donating to STEAC during Big Days of Giving:
1. Between now and May 4, 2017, you can do one of the following to donate to STEAC:
- Mail a check to STEAC (1900 E. 8th Street, Davis, CA 95616) with "BDoG" written in the notes section.
- Make a donation here on our website with a credit card.
- Schedule a Big Day of Giving donation on STEAC's Big Day of Giving profile page. Your scheduled donation will be processed on May 4, 2017. You will be able to create a user name and password, and can edit your donation amount anytime before May 4.
2. On Big Day of Giving, May 4, 2017
Anytime between 12 am and 11:59 pm, go to STEAC's Big Day of Giving profile page. and enter your donation. You will also have the opportunity at that time to donate to other organizations you would like to support, and you will only need to enter your credit card information once.
In addition, you can help spread the news about STEAC and Big Days of Giving with your friends, family and other contacts, follow us on Facebook and share our Facebook page with others.